John Robert Lampard
12, 26540 HWY 11, Red Deer County, AB T4E 1A3
346-0331 (Res), 346-0331 (Fax)
D.O.B.: 27 October 1940
Married to Sharon, have two sons, one daughter
(Bruce, MD, FRCPC in Emergency Medicine, born 1968)
(Geoffrey, born 1986, studying Emergency Medicine)
(Allison, born 1988)
M.D. University of Alberta, 1964
B.Sc. University of Alberta, 1966
M.Sc. (Surgery) University of Alberta, 1967
M.B.A. University of Western Ontario, 1968
1959-1961 RCAF – URTP Supply Officers Training course, Honor Graduate, 1960, Pilot Officer 1961.
1962 Aide, Alberta Mental Hospital Ponoka
1963 Assistant Medical Officer, Alberta School Hospital Red Deer
1964-1965 Rotating Intern, University Hospital Edmonton
1966 Administrative Resident, University Hospital, Edmonton
1967 Planner, University Hospital, London, ON
1968-1981 Medical Director, Foothills Hospital
1971-2005 Director, L-7 Inc.
1971-1976 President, Lampards Ltd.
1982 Clinical Fellow, Ophthalmology, RVH, Montreal
1983-2010 Medical Director, Michener Centre, Red Deer, AB
Born in Red Deer with identical twin brother, Douglas (MD, Calgary) 1940
Queen Scout “B” Chords, 1954
8th World Scout Jamboree, 1955
LTCHS Red Deer, Honor Roll, 1956-1958
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship (U of A), 1960
UofA Cross-Country Team, 1960-1962
Commissioned as a RCAF Pilot Officer, 1960
Organized the Golden Bowl football game (UofA vs Queens), Nov. 1963. It became the Vanier Cup.
UofA won 26-6.
UofA Student Union Silver “A” Award for extracurricular activities, 1963/4
Canadian Medical Curling Champion, 1966, 1981, 2001
Ontario Medical Curling Champion, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1990
Designed and General contracted 2700 sq’ house, 1981
Alberta Medical Association Long Service Award (for Medical History), 1993
Rotary Paul Harris Fellow, 1997
Presidential Citation, Red Deer Rotary Club, 2000 and 2005
Premier’s Silver Award of Excellence for the Michener Centre Psychotropic Drug Review Program
(Team Leader) in 2001 and 2002 (Executive Committee)
William Spaulding Certificate for outstanding contributions to the history of medicine in Canada 2003
Adjunct Professor in the History of Medicine program, UofA Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, 2007
Swimming, running, hiking, badminton, squash, curling, mountain climbing, scrambling and trekking, antiquarian book collecting, deltiology, Western Canadian and Canadian Rocky Mountain history, Alberta’s Medical history
UofA Students Union Silver “A” Award (1963)
AMA Service Award for contributions to Alberta’s Medical History (1993)
Red Deer Rotary Club Citation (2000)
Premiers Silver Award of Excellence for the PDR program (2002)
William B. Spaulding Award for contributions to the study and development of the History of Medicine in Canada (2003)
Red Deer Rotary Club Citation (2005)
One of 100 Alberta Physicians of the Century (2005)
Alberta Centennial Medal (2005)
Honorary Life Member CMA (2005)
Member Emeritus AMA (2006)
Adjunct Professor in the History of Medicine, UofA (2007)
One of 100 Historical Society of Alberta Volunteers of the Century (2007)
Honorary member of the Rotary Club of Calgary (2009)
Historical Society of Alberta 1968-present
Canadian Council of Health Science Executives 1974-1981
Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons 1983-2010
Alberta Medical Association 1975, 1980, 1983-present
Champlain Society 1974-present
Hudson’s Bay Record Society/Canadian National History Society 1974-present
Archives of the Canadian Rockies 1983-present
Alberta Museum Association/Red Deer Museum Society 1985-present
Rotary Club of Red Deer 1987-present
Red Deer Curling Club 1956-1958, 1983-2007
Red Deer Regional Hospital Courtesy Staff, 1983-2010
Canadian Society for the History of Medicine, 1985-present
Saskatchewan Historical Society, 1980-present
Manitoba Historical Society, 1980-2007
Canadian Geographical Society, 1980-2007
Ruperts Land Research Centre Society, 1990-present
Westerner Exhibition Society, 1994-present
Central Alberta Historical Society, 1995-present
Calgary History of Medicine Society, 2010-present
UNIVERSITY, HEALTH AND COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS
1961-1963 Treasurer U of A (Student’s) Promotions Committee
1963-1964 Chairman U of A (Student’s) Promotions Committee
1967-1968 Vice President MBA Student’s Society
1968-1981 Chairman/Member, Alberta House Staff Negotiating Committee
1969-1970 Treasurer, Calgary Branch, Victorian Order of Nurses
1970-1971 Chairman, Administrators Group, Calgary Hospitals
1970-1973 Director/President, Calgary Drug Information Centre
1971-1974 Director, Pastoral Care Association of Alberta
1971-1974 President, Calgary Branch, Victorian Order of Nurses
1972-1973 Chairman, Council of Metropolitan General Hospitals of Calgary
1973-1975 Director, Calgary and District Medical Society
1974-1978 Field Surveyor, Canadian Council on Hospital Accreditation (CCHA)
1975 Chairman, CCHA Committee to draft Accreditation Standards for Respiratory Technology
1975-1980 Member, UofC Faculty of Medicine Postgraduate Education Committee
1980 AHA Symposium Organizer: “Risk Management in Hospitals”
1980-1981 Chairman, Alberta Hospital Association, Revision of Hospital Medical Staff By-Laws
1981 Symposium Organizer: “The Hospital’s Reputation”, Alberta Hospital Association
1981-1987 Member, Archives Committee, Alberta Medical Association
1983-1989 Member, Alberta Psychiatric Nurses Advisory Board
1984-1994 Member, Organizing Committee, Alberta Special Olympics, Red Deer
1985-1990 Treasurer, Red Deer, Alberta Special Olympics Board
1985-1992 Member, Museums Management Board, Ft. Normandeau Cultural & Natural History
Board, Red Deer, Alberta
1986-1992 Chairman, Historical Preservation Committee, Red Deer, Alberta
1987 Member, Smoke-Free Work Sites Task Force Advisory Committee, AB Social Services
1987-pres. Member, Rotary Club of Red Deer
1987-1988 Chairman, Museum Management Board, Red Deer, Alberta
1987-1989 Member, Major Tourist Attraction Committee, Red Deer, Alberta
1988-1990 Member, Red Deer Tourist and Convention Board
1989-1990 (Founding) Chairman (1989-1990), Normandeau Cultural and Natural History Board.
1989-1990 Member, Red Deer Tourist and Convention Board, Chairman, Tourist Action Plan
1989-pres. Director, Alberta Medical Foundation
1990-1993 Member, Red Deer United Way Cabinet for Public Service and Health Sector (1990-1992)
and Professional Services Sector (1992-1993)
1991 Member, ad hoc Committee to Save The CPR Bridge
1992-1995 Medical History Columnist for Alberta Doctor’s Digest (13 columns)
1992-1995 Secretary-Treasurer, Alberta Medical Foundation
1992-2004 Chairman, Rotary International Youth Exchange Orientation Weekend (Saturday Night
1993-1998 Member, Red Deer Curling Club Board
1993-1996 Treasurer, Red Deer Curling Club
1993-pres. Preceptor, University of Calgary (UofC) History of Medicine Class
a) James Hector (with Bernie Lewke) 1979-1980
b) Henry George and Calgary’s Smallpox outbreak of 1892 (with Jennifer Gerritsen)
c) Commonplace Book of Earle Scarlett (with Nikki Bobey) 1994-1995
d) Mary Percy Jackson (with Jim Eisner/Shannon Hughes) 1995-1996
e) Medical Services in the 1885 Rebellion (with Kerri Parker) 1996-1997
f) The Sanity of Louis Riel (with Vivian Kilvert) 1996-1997
g) Lt. Col. E.G. Mason of the 50th (with Bobbi-Jo Whitfield/Dr. R. Pow) 1997-1998.
h) Alberta’s Medicare Roots, Dr. A.E. Archer, (with Ellen Duplain), 1997-1998
i) Snow Problems? No Problem! Winter House Calls on Snowmobiles, (with Calvino Cheng),
j) The Origin of the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medial Research (with Calvino Cheng)
k) Dr. R.G. Brett – The Man Behind the Roddick Act (with Chris Venner) 2002-2003.
1994-pres. Historian, Red Deer Rotary Club
1995 Member, Central Alberta Regional Museum Network (CARMN)
1995-1997 Member, Sports Historian’s Sub-Committee, Alberta Sports Hall of Fame
1995-2000 Member, Rotary Career Opportunity Fund Selection and Scholarship Committees
1995-2006 President, Alberta Medical Foundation
1995-pres. (Founding) Board Member Central Alberta Chapter, Historical Society of Alberta (CAHS)
1996-1998 President, Red Deer Curling Club
1996-2001 Member, John B. Neilson Selection Committee for Canadian Medical Historian of the Year,
1997 Member, LTCHS 50th Anniversary Book Committee
1997 (Founding) Board Member, Sports Historians of Alberta
1997-1999 Director, Red Deer Rotary Club
1997-2002 Vice-President, Central Alberta Chapter, Historical Society of Alberta
1997-2006 Member, Board of the University of Alberta (UofA) Medical Alumni
1997-2003 Chairperson, Campaign 2005 for the AMF/Medical History Fund (cancelled 2003)
1998-pres. Archivist, Alberta Medical Foundation
2001-pres. Archivist, Central Alberta Chapter, Historical Society of Alberta
2002-2005 President, Central Alberta Chapter of the Historical Society of Alberta
2002-2005 Member, Board of the Historical Society of Alberta
2003-2007 Co-Chairman, Alberta Digital Medical History Advisory Board, UofC
2005-pres. Member, Advisory Committee to the History of Medicine Program, UofA
2005-2006 Member, Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Committee, Edmonton
2006-pres. Editor of the Flash, the Rotary Club of Red Deer’s weekly tabloid
2009-2010 Member, Canadian Medical Hall of Fame Dinner Committee, Calgary. Successfully
nominated Alberta Laureates, Lougheed and Bradley (2002), McEachern (2005),
Cochrane (2010), Tyrrell (2011).
2010-2012 Advised Stu Daly on funding a chair on behalf of his grandfather Dr. J.S. McEachern, to the
Alberta Cancer Society.
- Lampard, R., “A rapid, mobile method for determining simultaneous plasma and red cell volumes using I125 & Cr51“. Protocol UofA, 1966.
- Lampard, R., “Shock: A Bedside Approach”, Alberta Medical Bulletin, August 1966.
- Lampard, R., “Observations of Serum Potassium in Patients Undergoing Cardiopulmonary By-Pass”, CMAJ, 102: 61-64, January 1969. (Peer reviewed)
- Lampard, R., “Out-Patient Lens Implants Save Hospitals Money and Beds”, Hospital Peer Review, September, 1981.
- Lampard, R., Biography of Dr. K.A. Swallow, Michener Messenger, 1983. Reprinted in the Michener Bulletin, November 2007.
- Miller, JDR, Capusten, BM and Lampard, R. Changes at the base of Skull and Cervical Spine in Downs Syndrome, Journal of the Canadian Association of Radiologists 37: 85-89, June 1986.
- Miller, JDR, Grace, MGA and Lampard, R. “Computed Tomography of the Upper Cervical Spine in Downs Syndrome”, Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, 10(4): 589-592, July/August, 1986.
- Lampard, R., “Endemic Strongyloidiasis in BC”, Letter to the Editor, CMAJ, 137:275, 15 August 1987.
- Lampard, R., “Surgical Wound Infections – A 63 Month Survey in a Developmental Institution”, Canadian Journal of Surgery, Volume 32(6): pages 447-450, November 19, 1989. (Peer reviewed)
- Lampard, R., Video “The Human History of the Red Deer River” (3 mins) in an 18 minute film for the Rivers of Alberta Conference, 1989.
- Lampard, R., “Historical Overview of the Red Deer River”, Red Deer River Naturalists, September 1989.
- Lampard, R., “Drummond, Thomas: Biography and Resume of His North American Travels”, Red Deer River Naturalist Monthly Magazine, 1990.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “Mary Percy Jackson”, Alberta Doctors Digest 17(1): 28, 1991. (I completely rewrote it)
- History of Medicine Day held, Alberta Doctors Digest 12(2): 25, March/April 1992.
- Lampard, R., “Fidler, Peter: Another Legend from Alberta’s Past”, Red Deer Museum Newsletter Magazine, June 1992.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “A.E. Archer”, Alberta Doctors Digest 17(4): 27, July/August 1992.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “John Rae”, Alberta Doctors Digest 17(5): 36, September/October 1992.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “R.B. Nevitt”, Alberta Doctors Digest, 1992.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “William MacKay”, Alberta Doctors Digest 18(3): 28, 1993.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “R.G. Brett”, Alberta Doctors Digest 18(4): 32, 1993.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “Henry George”, Alberta Doctors Digest 18(5): 27, 1993.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “J.B. Collip”, Alberta Doctors Digest 18(6): 25, 1993.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “L.G. deVeber”, Alberta Doctors Digest 19(1): 28, 1994.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “George Kennedy”, Alberta Doctors Digest 19(2): 21, 1992.
- Lampard, R., Vignette: “F.H. Mewburn”, Alberta Doctors Digest 19(4): 20, 1994.
- Lampard, R., Vignettes: E.P. Scarlett, Mary Percy Jackson, submitted to Alberta Doctors Digest, 1995. (not published, Digest downsized). The Jackson vignette provided the background information for the article, AMA Salutes living legend – Dr. Mary Percy Jackson, Alberta Doctors Digest 24(4): 6-8, July/August 1999.
- Lampard, R. and Bobey, N., “The Ram’s Horn: The Commonplace Book of Dr. Earle Parkhill Scarlett presented to the Royal College and CSHM. Also published in the Annals of the RCPSC, 30(5): 292-295, 1997. (Peer reviewed). Introduced Dr. Earle Parkhill Scarlett 1896-1982: a personalized account to the HOM course, March 13, 1995; revised in December 2003 and sent to Dr. William Whitelaw for filing with other HOM presentations and publications.
- Lampard, R., “Health Care Spending Alberta Bound?”, Letter to the Editor, CMAJ 154(4): 450, 15 February 1996.
- Lampard, R., “Army Medical Corps in the Riel Rebellion”, Letter to the Editor, CMAJ 154(11): 1625, 1 June 1996.
- Lampard, R., “Medical Care During the Riel Rebellion”, Letter to the Editor, CMAJ 155(10): 1392-1394, 15 November 1996.
- Lampard, R., “More on Riel Rebellion Medical Corps”, Letter to the Editor, CMAJ 155(10): 1394-1395, 15 November 1996.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Medical Post editor dated January 6, 1997, on Judgement at Nuremberg by Mark Caldwell, pages 9/12, 3 Dec 1996.
- Parker, K. and Lampard, R., Second Riel Rebellion Medical Services. HOM Proceedings, 1997.
- Kilvert, V. and Lampard, R., “The Sanity of Louis Riel”. History of Medicine Course at UofC. “Sanity” paper also presented at RCPSC in Vancouver, September 1997. Both published in the Proceedings of the History of Medicine Days, edited by Dr. P. Cruse, UofC, pages 20-22, March 1997.
- Lampard, R., “The Roots of Canadian Medicare – Some Are In Alberta”, Alberta Doctors Digest, 22(5): 16-19, June, 1997.
- Lampard, R., “Principals and their Principles and Lindsay Thurber”, pages 6, 68, 69 in Fifty Years of Excellence, the History of the Red Deer and Lindsay Thurber Comp HS, July 1997, Red Deer.
- Lampard, R., Brief Historical Biographies, Iatros, Volume II(I): 9-12, 24, Issue #17, Spring 1997. (Frontier Surgery – Mewburn; Brett of Banff; Collip at UofA; MPJ Northern Exposure; Swallow – “Twice as Good as Any Man”).
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor “The Canadian National Health Care System – OECD Comparison”, CMA News 7(10):2, October, 1997.
- Lampard, R., Organized the “75th Anniversary of the Red Deer Rotary Club” (Charter Night February 23rd, 1998). Edited a 16-page Red Deer Advocate insert on Rotary Flashbacks and initiated a 10 minute Rotary videotape by RDTV.
- Duplain, E. and Lampard, R., “The Roots of Medicare – The Tap Root Is In Alberta” presented with Ellen Duplain to the History of Medicine Class, 2 February 1998. Published in the Proceedings of the History of Medicine Days edited by Dr. P.J.E. Cruse, UofC, pages 213-222, March 26-27, 1998 and presented to the RCPSC in September as “Dr. A.E. Archer of Lamont and the pivotal role played in the evolution of Medicare”. Published by Ellen Duplain as “Health Care, and Justice For All” in the Medical Post pages 45-48 of 16 November 1998.
- Lampard, R., “Medicare, An Alberta Legacy”, Legacy, pages 34-5, May-July 1998. Republished in Kerby Centre Newsletter, 17(7): 20, June/July 2001.
- Lampard, R. and Cheng, C.K.W., “Snow Problems? No Problem! The impact of snowmobiles on Rural Prairie winter health care in the early to mid 1900’s presented with Cal Cheng to the History of Medicine Class, 22 February 1999. Published in the Proceedings of the History of Medicine Days edited by Dr. W. Whitelaw, UofC, pages 77-83, March 25-27, 1999. Presented at the RCPSC Annual Meeting, Montreal, September 1999 and CSHM, Edmonton May 2000. Published in the Annals RCPSC, 33(8): 493-496, 2000. Republished with tables and photographs as “Snow Problem? No Problem! Three Medical men and their Snowmachines” in Saskatchewan History 53(2): 36-40, 45. Fall 2001. (Peer reviewed). Augmented by “Correspondence, Notes and Comments”, Saskatchewan History 55(1): 4, Spring 2003.
- Cheng, C.K.W., “There’s Snow Machine Like It”, photos and captions by Cal Cheng, CMAJ 161(2): 1550, December 14, 1999.
- Lampard, R., Reply to Premier Klein’s Red Deer speech (for speech see Alberta Doctors Digest p 26 Nov/Dec 1998) published in Alberta Doctors Digest pages 12-14 May/June 1999.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor on Bill 11 published in the Advocate, June 15, 2000; and Alberta Doctors Digest, page 20, July/August 2000.
- Fiedler, R. and Lampard, R., ”A Closer Look: RYPEN Camp in Red Deer (Camp Alexo)”, printed in the Rotarian August 2000 (original Advocate article by Randy Fiedler). Reprinted in the Rotary District 5360 Governors News, July-August 2000, Issue #1, page 2, 2000.
- Lampard, R., “James Bertram Collip: Remembering a Pioneer”, Iatros, 15(2): 8-9, Winter 2000.
- Lampard, R., To the Editor of MacLeans Magazine, on the Roots of Medicare – they are in Cardston in 1932. Published February 21, 2001.
- Inglis, B. and Inglis, K., Letters from Thika, Kenya. Submitted by R. Lampard and reprinted in the Alberta Doctor’s Digest, 26(5): 6-11, Sept/Oct 2001 and 26(6): 16-20, Nov/Dec 2001.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor of Alberta History re: “Women of Vision and Compassion”, in response to “The Foundation of Health Care in Calgary”, on the CGH & HCH 1890/1 origins, Alberta History 5(1): 17-25, Winter 2002. (Not published)
- Lampard, R., The Hector Memorials of 1906. Tributes to Sir James Hector and Douglas Hector. Alberta History, 50(4): 2-11, Autumn, 2002. (Peer reviewed)
- Lampard, R., Manuscript and nomination of “Dr. J.S. McEachern, M.D.” for posthumous induction into the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame, 50 pages. With supporting nominees: Drs. Alan Paterson, Kasmir Kowalewski, Don McNeill, Robert Macbeth, B.Y. Card, William Mulloy, J.S. Bennett, Charles Hayter, Rev. Ernest Nix; (family members) Elizabeth Markham, Eric Daly, Stuart Daly; and the AMF. Nomination “well received” (2004). Approved on revision and resubmission (2005 for 2006).
- Lampard, R., The Community and International History of the RD Rotary Club, presented November 18, published for the Club’s Vision and Mission retreat November 23, 2002. Revised the RD Rotary Club History and presented it with Dr. D. Smith to the Club January 13, 2003. Added a Fundraising Summary (7 pages). Historical vignette of 1½ pages prepared for 2005 Zone 22 (Canada) RI Centennial book, Northern Lights and 2 page resume of James Wheeler Davidson.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor “Medicare’s Formative Years”, CMAJ Interface, page 2, February 18, 2003.
- Lampard, R., “Dr. R.G. Brett, We shall not look upon his likes again”. Alberta History 51(2): 13-22, Spring 2003. Presented at the HOM Days, UofC March 21-22, 2003 as “The man behind the Roddick Act, Dr. R.G. Brett”. Published by Chris Venner and R. Lampard as Dr. R.G. Brett: A Canadian Medical Pioneer in the Proceedings of the 12th annual History of Medicine Days, ed. W. Whitelaw, pages 58-65, March 2003. Won 2nd prize for content.
- Lampard, R., “Kathleen Anderson Swallow, BSc, MD, FRCPC: The Red Deer Years 1974-1984”. Women of Asplenland, Aspenland II, pages 83-92, October 2003. Also added to the Alberta Heritage Community Foundation website www.AlbertaSource.ca/aspenland (2003). Reprinted in abridged form in the Michener Bulletin, pages 6-10, December 14, 2007.
- Lampard, R., Papers in the UofC Alberta Medical History Website. (ongoing) 1) AB/NWT Medical Milestones, 2) Tidbits and Teasers.
- Lampard, R., Michener Services Administration Building Fire, page 9, HSA Newsletter, History Now, #4, October 2003.
- Lampard, R., 1) The Life and Times of James Wheeler Davidson (15 pages including 13 pages of a CV, bibliography and Clubs chartered) published in Alberta History 52(3): 2-10, Summer 2004.
Presented at a) the Calgary Heritage Park Club, b) the Calgary Club, c) the Rocky Mountain House Club, d) Calgary South Club, and e) District Convention, Medicine Hat.
Published: 1) Rotary Down Under, Australia Newsletter, Aug 5, 2003, 2) Climbing for History – RD Express August 7, 2003. 3) Mission Accomplished, page 1, RD Express, August 7, 2003. 4) Mt Davidson climb – A Banner Day for Rotary in District 5360 Governors Newsletter #2, pages 2-3, August 2003. 5) Making History is Fun, History Now #4, pages 4-5, October 2003. 6) Rotary Club of Calgary Cog, September 18 (page 2), October 28 (page 2). 7) Putting Mt Davidson on the Map, Westworld Alberta, pages 10-11, November 2003. 8) The Rotarian, pages 2-3, 8-9, December 2003. 9) Scaling Mt Davidson, Alberta Connections, pages 22-23, Winter 2004. 10) The Ascent of Mount (James Wheeler) Davidson elevation 2908 meters, CAJ 87: 129-130, 2004. 11) Mount Davidson 2919m (9577 ft) topo 820/06 www.peakfinder.com (4 pages). 12) James Wheeler Davidson in the Bulletin of the Rotary Club of Calgary South 50(10): 1-2, September 23, 2004. 13) Canadian made Rotary Global, Calgary Herald. Two full pages B4-5, April 30, 2005. 14) James Wheeler Davidson “World Citizen” in Under the Northern Lights, Rotary Zone 22, Centennial History, pages 20-23. 15) Centennial Climb of Mt Davidson, Red Deer Express, September 7, 2005. (For more, see reference 86)
- Lampard, R., Letter to Dr. David Dawson on Dr. Scarlett’s “In Sickness and in Health”, published in the DTHR Medical Staff Newsletter, November 27, 2003 in response to David on the Fourth Finger (from E.P. Scarlett’s In Sickness and in Health) in the November 13, 2003 HSA Newsletter.
- Lampard, R., First Registered Physician collected artifacts. Dr. Oliver Edwards came west before the railway. Edmonton Journal c1-2, January 30, 2004. (Along with an article on Dr. George Verey by Jac MacDonald).
- Lampard, R., 75th Anniversary: Saluting Dr. Harold A. Hamman, Unsung hero in averting diphtheria outbreak. Alberta Doctors Digest 29(1): 6-9, January/February 2004.
- Lampard, R., Alberta’s First Doctors (Richardson, Todd, MacKay). DTRHC Medical Newsletter, April 1, 2004.
- Lampard, R., Mount Davidson Ascent, Canadian Alpine Journal 87: 129-130, 2004.
- Lampard, R., See from where you cometh: First CMA meetings in Alberta/NWT, Alberta Doctors Digest 29(4): 4-11, July/August, 2004.
- Lampard, R., James Wheeler Davidson and Rotary International, Alberta History 52(3): 2-10, Summer, 2004.
- Lampard, R., Eklund, T., Stefura, D., Not All Teams are Created Equal, 21st NADD annual conference proceedings, pages 49-53, 2004.
- Lampard, R., Healthcare excellence in Alberta has strong foundation. Letter to the Editor, page 15, Medical Post, November 30, 2004.
- Lampard, R., Eklund, T., Stefura, D., PDR Stands Out, pages 8-10, Michener Bulletin, December 1, 2004.
- Sullivan, P., Letter to the Alberta Doctors Digest editor on my first CMA article in the Alberta Doctors Digest 29(6): 26, November/December 2004.
- Lampard, R., James Wheeler Davidson “World Citizen” 1872-1933 (pages 20-23) and The Rotary Club of Red Deer (page 95) in Under the Northern Lights, Rotary Zone 22, Centennial History, 2004.
- Lampard, R., William Morrison Mackay MD 1836-1914, History Now, Vol. 1, pages 5-6, HSA, January 2005.
- Lampard, R., CMA’s 1912 meeting: The value of the west to medicine, Alberta Doctors Digest 30(1): 4-8, January/February 2005.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor of the Medical Post about Ken Pole’s article on Statistical Sophistry published December 21, 2004. Reprinted in the Alberta Doctors Digest, page 24, March/April 2005.
- Lampard, R., Healthcare in Alberta has a strong foundation, Alberta Doctors Digest 30(1): 13, January/February 2005.
- Lampard, R., CMA’s 1934 meeting: Dr. McEachern an outstanding medical statesman. Alberta Doctors Digest 30(2): 13-17, March/April 2005.
- Lampard, R., Dr. Mary Percy Jackson, first Physician of the Century. Alberta Doctors Digest 30(2): 9-10, March/April 2005.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor of the Medical Post in response to Ken Pole’s article on Statistical Sophistry, published December 21, 2004. Republished in the Alberta Doctors Digest 30(2): 24, March/April 2005.
- Lampard, R., Canadian Made Rotary Global. Calgary Herald, pages B4-5, April 30, 2005.
- Lampard, R., Fourth CMA convention in Alberta, 1942. Dr. Archer driven to improve accessible care. Alberta Doctors Digest 30(3): 9-14, May/June 2005.
- Lampard, R., Alberta boasts history of medical innovations, Red Deer Advocate report on Central Alberta, page F11, June 1, 2005.
- Lampard, R., The AMA’s 1937 Gavel commemorated (a) new era in Canadian medical history, Alberta Doctors Digest 30(4): 4-5, July/August 2005.
- Lampard, R., Three articles inserted into the Edmonton Journal and Calgary Herald as an advert by the AMA, pages F2, F3, F8 of Sunday, June 26, 2005, on 1) Dr. Robert G. Brett One of the Last Great Pioneers of the West, 2) Wop May and Dr. Harold Hamman, the rest of the heroic story, and 3) Trader, Doctor, Pioneer – Dr. W.M. MacKay.
- Keenan, T., Rotarians take another run at Mount Davidson. The Cog. Rotary Club of Calgary 23(05): 3, August 2, 2005 and Red Deer Express, page 11, September 7, 2005.
- Lampard, R., Western medical statesmen shaped Canadian healthcare: Interview with David Bly. Together with Early Alberta doctors tough, inventive, by J. Robert Lampard. Calgary Herald, pages B4, B4, August 14, 2005.
- (Lampard, R.), Search Alberta’s medical history on new website, Alberta Doctors Digest 30(5): 11, 2005 and Medical Post, page 56, September 26, 2005.
- Lampard, R., William Morrison MacKay, MD, 1836-1917. Edmonton and District Historical Society 6(4): 9-10, October 2005.
- Lampard, R., Earle Parkhill Scarlett, 1896-1982. History Now, #4, pages 8-9, 13-15, October 2005. Also contains a biography of RL from a historical perspective, page 6.
- Lampard, R., Alberta is the Root of Medicare in Canada, Alberta Doctors Digest 31(1): 6-7, Jan/Feb 2006.
- Lampard, R., Medicare’s Roots in Alberta: Federal Proposal same as Alberta’s Plan. Alberta Doctors Digest 31(2): 22-24, Mar/Apr 2006.
- Lampard, R., Alberta is the Root of Medicare: Dissecting the Roots, AB Digest 31(3): 16-18, June/July 2006.
- Lampard, R., Harry Goodsir Mackid, MD, FACS 1858-1916. History Now #1, pages 10-13, January 2006.
- Lampard, R., MD’s Rocky Mountain High. Cover page/article 4(3): 1, February 28, 2006, National Review of Medicine.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the CMAJ Editor Re: Medicare: Ready For a Perfect Storm or Reform. March 7, 2006 (not accepted).
- Lampard, R., Frank Hamilton Mewburn, MD, FACS, OBE 1858-1926. History Now #1, pages 10-14, April 2006.
- Lampard, R., The Life and Time of James and Lillian Davidson in Rotary International, 335 pages. Rotary Club of Red Deer, April 2006.
- Cavers, Michelle, Doc writes Davidson Book (Interview). Red Deer Express, page 38, May 17, 2006.
- Lampard, R., Five Celebrated Early Surgeons of Southern Alberta 1874-1913, 48 pages. Occasional Publication No. 43. Lethbridge Historical Society, May 2006.
- Editor (Candy Holland), Conclusion of medical history series in the Digest. Alberta Doctors Digest 31(3): 19, June/July 2006.
- Lampard, R., James Bertram Collip, in the Historical Society of Alberta Newsletter, History Now, Issue #3, pages 10-14, July 2006.
- Lampard, R., The Cardston Medical Contracts and Canadian Medicare. Alberta History 54(3): 5-10, Autumn 2006.
- Lampard, R., James Delamere Lafferty, MD 1849-1920. History Now, pages 10-14, No. 4, October 2006.
- Falls, Fractures and Fragility: A Fifteen Year Retrospective Study 1991-2005. Submitted to Mental Retardation 29 November 2006. (not published)
- Here’s to Years. The history of the R.W. (Bob) Wintemute curling team 1975-2006, 253 pages. December 2006.
- Lampard, R., George Douglas Stanley, MD, FCIA, 1876-1954. History Now, pages 10-13, No. 1, January 2007.
- Lampard, R., Three Parsons, physicians, honoured for longstanding contributions. Alberta Doctors Digest 31(5): 17, September/October 2006.
- Lampard, R., Edward George Mason, OBE, MD, 1874-1947. History Now, pages 10-12, No. 2, April 2007.
- Lampard, R., Golden Bowl game, pages 18-19, New Trail, autumn 2007 (Interview).
- Lampard, R., Albert Henry Baker MD, FACP, FRCPC 1883-1953, History Now, pages 10-13, No. 4, October 2007.
- Lampard, R., Ernest Ainslie Braithwaite MD 1862-1949, History Now, pages 1013, No. 1, January 2007.
- Lampard, R., Henry George, MD, MRCS 1864-1932, History Now, pages 10-13, No. 2, April 2008.
- Lampard, R., Alberta’s Medical History, Young, lusty and full of life, 745 pages, 2008. Advertised in the Alberta Doctors Digest ________________.
- Lampard, R., Wilfred (not William) A. Wilson, MD, FRCS (Edin) 1874-1951. History Now, pages 10-13, No. 3, July 2008.
- Lampard, R., Heber Carss Jamieson, MB, MRCS, FRCPC 1879-1962. History Now, pages 10-13, No. 4, October 2008.
- Lampard, R., George H. Malcolmson, MD 1868-1944. History Now, pages 10-12, No. 1, January 2009.
- Lampard, R., Cardiovascular Sciences in Southern Alberta. Libin Institute Newsletter, April 2009.
- Lampard, R., Historic Arches Park, pages 1-2, CAHS Newsletter, Spring 2009.
- Lampard, R., Hoadley, the Hoadley Commission (1932-1934) and Health Insurance in Alberta. Canadian Bulletin of Medical History 26(2): 429-452, 2009.
- Loosemore, Brian, Alberta’s Medical History: Young and Lusty and Full of Life. Book review in CBMH 26(2): 562-564, December 2010.
- Lampard, R., Rotarian, Letter to the Editor on Davidson for the new Canadian Rotarian insert (not published).
- Lampard, R., Mackid, H.G., Manual for the Annual H.G. Mackid Symposium speech submitted to the Calgary Doctors Publication, 2009.
- Lampard, R., Golden Boy, Gino Fracas, on his death. Letter to the Editor, New Trail, October 2009.
- Lampard, R., The Hoadley Commission (1932-34) and Health Insurance in Alberta, CBMH 26(2): 429-452, 2009. Republished by UofT Press, Toronto 2012 (in process).
- Lampard, R., The Contributions of Sir James Hector to the Natural Sciences of Canada and New Zealand. Alberta History 58(3): 15-20, Summer 2010.
- Lampard, R., Letter to the Editor of the Alberta Doctor’s Digest on “The Father of Health Insurance in Canada”. (Dr. A.E. Archer) in Alberta Doctors Digest 35(6): 27, Nov/Dec 2010 (the editor merged 2 essays into 1; not well done).
- Lampard, R., Medicare in Canada began in Alberta. Letter to the Editor of the Alberta doctors Digest 36(1): 13, January/February 2011.
- Lampard, R., Dr. Robert Lampard in the CAHS Newsletter, 3 pages, June 2011.
- Lampard, R., AMA’s first president George A. Kennedy, Alberta Doctors Digest 36(4): 10, July/August 2011.
- Lampard, R., Deans, Dreams and a President – The History of the Deans of Medicine 1913-2009, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, 230 pages, Edmonton, November 2011.
- Lampard, R., Sadie Marion Lampard. The First Female Optometrist in Alberta (1942), February 10, 2012 (8 pages) (submitted to the Canadian Optometric Association c/o Glenn Campbell).
- Wyse, George, Lampard, Robert, Walli, Al-Karim, Kermode-Scott, Barbara, Hearts, Minds and Vision, the Origin of the Libin Institute in Calgary (2012).
- Lampard, R., Dr. Peter Cruse in the Proceedings History of Medicine Days, Stahnish, Calgary 2012.
- Lampard, R., Inglis, B., The History of Sylvan Lake in Postcards for the 2013 centennial (in process).
- The Lampards of Red Deer (organized and contributed to the editing and publishing), 196 pages, 1989.
- Lampard, R., The Life and Times of James and Lillian Davidson in Rotary International, 335 pages, May 2006. ISBN 1-55383-111-X (1,000 copies).
- Lampard, R., Five Celebrated Early Surgeons of Southern Alberta (1874-1913), 48 pages, Occasional Publication #43, Lethbridge Historical Society, May 2006. ISBN 0-9780505-0-9 (1,000 copies).
- Lampard, R., Here’s to Years, The History of the Dr. R.W. (Bob) Wintemute Curling Team 1975-2006, 253 pages, March 2007. (7 copies for team members and the OMA)
- Lampard, R., Alberta’s Medical History, Young and Lusty and Full of Life, 720 pages, March 2008. ISBN 978-0-9810382-0-9 (740 copies). Donated the net proceeds to the AMF.
- Lampard, R., One Lampard’s 20 Century Mountaineering History, 260 pages to Dec 2011 (ongoing).
- Lampard, R., Deans, Dreams and a President. The Deans of Medicine at the UofA’s Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry 1913-2009, 239 pages (Nov 2011) (400 copies).
- Edited and authored Hearts, Minds and Vision, the History of the Cardiovascular Sciences in Calgary, with Dr. George Wyse, Al-Karim Walli and Barbara Kermode-Scott (writer) (2008-2012).
- History of Sylvan Lake in Postcards for the Sylvan Lake centennial in 2013 (with Brian Inglis) (2012).
- The History of the Faculty of Medicine at the UofC (with David Hogan, Jim Wright and Frank Stahnisch) (in process).
- Wright, David and Lampard, R., James Wheeler Davidson and the Republic of Taiwan 1895 (in process).
- The UWO MBA class of 1968 (in process).
- Medical Services at the Michener Centre 1983-2010, includes reprints of all 65 publications and major presentations on it (in process).
- Retracing Jim Davidson (in process).
- Pictorial History of the Red Deer Rotary Club (in process – for 2023).
- The Medical Profession in Red Deer with M. Dawe and Brian Inglis (in process).
CHAPTERS IN BOOKS
- Lampard, R., Lindsay Thurber, Rotary Exchange Program, pages 6, 68, 69, LTCHS, Red Deer 1997.
- Lampard, R., Hoadley, The Hoadley Commission (1932-1934) and Health Insurance in Alberta, CBMH 26(2): 42-452, 2009.
- Letts, H., Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in Alberta in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in Canada (contributor), c2010.
- Western Canadian Prairie History
- Medicine in Canada, particularly Alberta
- Profiles and Perspectives from Alberta’s Medical History
- Canadian Health Insurance and Medicare
- Canadian, Rocky, and Worldwide Mountain History
- Hospitals in Canada
- Byron Harmon
- Western and early Canadian picture
- James Wheeler Davidson
- Rotary Club of Red Deer
- Photo Collages
- Lampard, R., Serum Potassium Fluctuations during Cardiopulmonary Bypass Surgery. Royal College Annual meeting, Ottawa, 1966.
- Lampard, R., “Accreditation of Day Care Programs”. Presentation to the Annual Meeting of CCHA Surveyors in Toronto, 1955. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “Quality Assurance and the Infection Control Program”, first Canadian Hospital Infection Control Association (CHICA) Conference, Jasper, 1976. (Invited)
- Lampard, R. “An Administrative Perspective on the Future of Respiratory Technology”, presentation to the Annual Meeting of the Respiratory Technology Society of Canada, Calgary, 1977.
- Lampard, R. and Bernie Lewke, “Sir James Hector – Medical Truant”, History of Medicine Class, UofC, 1980.
- Lampard, R., The Curling Life and Exploits of Rev James Taylor.
- Lampard, R., History and Trends in Mental Retardation (Red Deer College, Class 207), 1984. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “Sir James Hector – Medical Truant”, to the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre Medical Staff, 1985. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “Surgical Wound Infections – A 63 Month Survey in a Developmental Institution”, 113th Annual Meeting AAMR, Chicago, 31 May, 1989. (Invited). Published in the Canadian Journal of Surgery 32(6): 447-450, November 1989.
- Lampard, R., “John Robert Lampard” (JRL) at the 25th Anniversary of the Medical Class of 1964, 1989. Revised with slides 1995.
- Lampard, R., “Advice to Frontline Staff: Management of the Dually Diagnosed”, 18 October, Edmonton, 1991. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “The Fleet-Footed Northerner, John Rae, M.D.”, Hutton Lecture, AMA Annual Meeting, 18 September, Jasper (in verse), 1992. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “Michener and Me” to the Red Deer Rotary Club, 1993.
- Lampard, R., “Psychotropic Drug Monitoring”, Lifestyles Agency, Calgary, February 25, 1994. (Invited)
- Lampard, R. and Gerritsen, J., “Henry George and the Calgary Smallpox Epidemic of 1892″ (with Jennifer Gerritsen) to History of Medicine Course. Also presented to the RCPSC and the CSHM by Jennifer Gerritsen, 1994.
- Lampard, R., “PKU Revisited”, San Jose, California Colloquium, September 24, 1994. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “History of Rotary International and the Red Deer Rotary Club”. Presented to the Central Alberta Rotary Fireside evening for new members, 1995.
- Lampard, R., “Chile, Kili and Nepal with a Rotary Flavor”, Red Deer Rotary Club, February 1996.
- Lampard, R., “Hepatitis: Past, Present and Future”, San Jose, California Colloquium, 7 March 1996. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “The Origins of the CAMC are in 2nd Riel Rebellion, April 1885”, MOANA, May 8, 1996. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., Eisner, J., and Hughes, S., “Dr. Mary Percy Jackson, Northern Alberta Medical Pioneer”, U of C History of Medicine Class, February 1996. Presented at the September 1996 AMA Annual Meeting.
- Lampard, R., “BP, Scouting in Red Deer, and the 1955 Jamboree” presented to the 18th Red Deer Scout Troop, 1997.
- Lampard, R., Videotape and presentation “Scouting in Red Deer” (with Messrs. J. Tennant, J. Marshall, G. McKee, T. Symes, M. Dawe and D. Hepburn), 3 hours of interviews, presented at the Central Alberta Historical Society meeting, March, 1998. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., Phenylketonuria (PKU) presented to the Nurses at Michener Centre, 1998.
- Lampard, R., “A Brief History of Prairie and Alberta Medicare – The Important Physician Legacies” to the Annual Meeting of the Alberta Historical Society annual conference entitled: From Cross to Crisis – A Century of Health Care in Alberta, Calgary, 30 May 1998. (Invited)
- Lampard, R., “Medical Risks, Responsibilities and Liabilities for Special Education Teachers and Assistants” at LTCHS Staff Development Program, October 8, 1998.
- Lampard, R., and Cheng, C.C., “The Origin of one of Alberta’s Best Kept Secrets: the AHFMR” (Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research). Presented with Cal Cheng at HOM Days, UofC, March 17/18, 2000. Published in “HOM Days Proceedings”, UofC, edited by William Whitelaw, p 265-267, March 2000. Manuscript (60 pages), submitted to the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame in support of the nomination for induction of the Hon. Peter Lougheed and Dr. John Bradley. Supported by Drs. Lorne Tyrrell, Matt Spence and Cal Cheng. Nomination accepted March 15, 2001. Induction October 11, 2001, Winnipeg. Nomination of the Hon. Peter Lougheed for the CMA’s Medal of Honor. Seconded by Drs. Lorne Tyrrell and Eldon Smith. Accepted and presented August 21, 2002 in Saint John, NB. Nomination of Dr. John E. Bradley for the UofA Distinguished Alumnus Award. Not accepted. Resubmitted 2003. Nomination of the Hon. Peter Lougheed for the AMA’s Medal of Honor, 2003. Nomination of Dr. John E. Bradley for the AMA’s Distinguished Service Award, 2003.
- Lampard, R., Retirement of Dr. Brian Inglis, June 16, 2000.
- Lampard, R., and Team (of 8), 2001 Silver Premier’s Award of Excellence for the Psychotropic Drug Review (PDR) Program at Michener Centre 1989-2000 Team Leader. The program also received the National Pharmacy Award for Commitment to Care in Hospital (non-retail) Pharmacy, and the Alberta College of Pharmacy Award of Excellence. Presented to the MC Board February 1999; Summarized from 1990-1999, abstracted 2001, presented at the “Bringing it all Together” Conference February 14, 2002. Case of NL and the PDR program highlights presented to the MH/PDD Conference on D.D., May 5, 2002.
- Lampard, R., James Wheeler Davidson. Making Rotary Meaningful: Red Deer Rotary Club January 13, 2003 (with Dr. D. Smith); District 5360 conference May 2, 2003; Calgary Heritage Rotary Club October 10, 2003; Calgary Rotary Club October 28, 2003; Rotary Club of RMH March 31, 2004; Calgary South Rotary Club September 23, 2004.
- Lampard, R., Stefura, D., Eklund, T., Not All Teams are Created Equal. NADD conference, Vancouver, BC, October 27, 2004.
- Lampard, R., The Pictorial History of the Red Deer Rotary Club. RDRC, Club Café, February 28, 2005.
- Lampard, R., The History of Medicine in Alberta, presented at the Foothills Hospital Medical staff annual banquet, April 29, 2005.
- Lampard, R,. Lorenz, J., Stefura, D., Interdisciplinary Team Development: a Qualitative Improvement Initiative, at Optimizing the Role of the Physicians, a pre-colloquium to the 6th Annual LTC Care at End of Life, Calgary, February 1, 2007.
- Lampard, R., A Tribute to James Wheeler Davidson at the District 5360 Rotary Annual Conference, Canmore, April 25, 2009 with George Wyse, Al-Karim Walli and Barbara Kermode-Smith (writer).
- Lampard, R., Mackid Legacy. Introduction by Dr. H.G. Mackid, to the Changing the Manual for Annual Symposium, Calgary, May 1, 2009.
- Lampard, R., Deans, Dreams and a President. the Leaders of the UofA Faculty of Medicine 1913-2004, at a Special Conference on June 26, 2009 to celebrate the retirement of Dr. Tom Marrie as the UofA Dean of Medicine 2004-2009.
- Lampard, R., Canadian Rotarians and the early years of Rotary. Rotary Club of Red Deer, February 22, 2010, with Michael Dawe.
- Lampard, R., The Medical History of Alberta, CHOMS, February 22, 2010, Calgary.
- Lampard, R., Interviewed in Windsor, Ontario for a 3/4 hour DVD and an 8-12 minute video for presentation at the RI Convention in Montreal in June 2010.
- Lampard, R., Dr. Kathleen Swallow, Swallow Room, Glenrose, Spring 2010, Edmonton (not done).
- Lampard, R., Rotary Down Under & Jim Davidson, Melbourne Rotary club, Sydney Rotary club (February 2011).
- Lampard, R., Hogan, D., Schragge, W., Stahnisch, F., 25 students on the HOM Program at the UofC, March 11, 2011, UofC. I did the first presentation of 5 panel members on the 40th (last 39) anniversary of UofC HOM (1972) and 20th on HOM Days, Calgary.
- Lampard, R., Randall MacLean and Psychiatry in Alberta. Given June 19, 2011.
- Lampard, R., The History of Rotary in Canada Presentation and 11 minute CD to (1) RDR Centennial Clubs in 2011.
- Lampard, R., The New Orleans RI Convention (39 slides), with a history of the Rotary ‘End Polio Now’ campaign. Presented to the RDRC on September 12, 2011, RD Sunrise (Nov), Centennial (Jan), RDE (Jan).
- Lampard, R., The Hoover Dam (1931-36) and Lake Mead. Presentation as a Q&A to the 11 participants during a fireside on the last night of the 5 day rafting down the Colorado River (mile 220 to 260), October 17, 2011.
- Lampard, R., Report on Medication Errors at University of Alberta Hospital – recommendations, 1966.
- Couves, C. and Mackenzie, W., Shock and Acute Renal Failure and Crush or Compression Syndrome”. Researched the chapter for publication in Scientific Foundations of Surgery, ed. C. Wells and J. Kyle pages 522-532, June 1967.
- Lampard, R., Thesis “Observations of Serum Potassium in Patients Undergoing Cardiopulmonary By-Pass” in partial fulfilment for a Masters in Surgery degree from the U of A, 1967.
- Lampard, R., “The Regionalization of Health Care Services in Canada”, major paper for Dr. Carol Buck, Department of Community Medicine, in partial fulfilment for an MBA from the University of Western Ontario, 1968.
- Lampard, R., Report, The Development of a Quality Assurance Program for the Department of Ophthalmology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, 1968.
- Lampard, R., “Mortality Rates for Institutionalized and De-Institutionalized MR Residents” (with Dr. S. Newman) 1986. (Not published).
- Lampard, R., Bibliography of Medical Publications at Michener Centre to 1990. Revised 2010, 82 references.
- Lampard, R., “Anthony Henday in Central Alberta”, Aspenland Annual, 1995. (Not published)
- Lampard, R., “Looking Back At The First 100 Years” by Dr. V.M. Hanlon at AMA’s Transition to New Governance, March, 1996.
- Lampard, R., “Alberta Rural Action Plan”, Website, October 19, 1997 for Dr. Jim Thompson.
- Lampard, R., “Lt. Col. E.G. Mason, M.D. of the 50th” for Preceptor, Dr. R. Pow and Medical Student Bobbi-Jo Whitfield, published in the “Proceedings of the History of Medicine Days”, UofC, p 201-204, March 26-27, 1998.
- Lampard, R., “The History of the 1937 Alberta Medical Association (CMA Alberta Division) Gavel” June 1998. Revised April 2004.
- Lampard, R., “Resolved – That State Medicine can provide better healthcare for Canadians”. Cardston Oxford Debate, January 4, 1932. The affirmative (D.O. Wight) won. The debate led to the Cardston Medical Contracts which started in March 1932. (Integrated into the J.S. McEachern manuscript and profile).
- Lampard, R., (Research ongoing), “The Origin of the Alberta Sterilization Act”, 2002-. Chronology of milestones, references and documents on the Origin and Operation of the Mental Deficiency and Sexual Sterilization Acts of Alberta (8 pages). See the chapter in AMH.
- Lampard, R., (Research ongoing), “The Trial of Leilani Muir”, 2002-. Interview with L. Muir’s mother (12 pages).
- Lampard, R., Dawe, M., Inglis, B., (Research ongoing), “Doctors in Central Alberta”, 2002-, 4 volumes so far.
- Lampard, R., (Research ongoing) Selected Alberta Medical Milestones (2002-) (16 pages).
- Lampard, R. and Holman, F., Research of the Red Deer drawings of Douglas Cardinal architect, in the possession of Frank Holman AIC, 2002-3. Cardinal worked for Frank Holman for less time than I thought. Kirk Miller and I spent a half day with him. I hope he will still donate all his Cardinal related drawings to the Red Deer museum.
- Lampard, R., (Research ongoing), The Life and Times of Dr. George Allan Kennedy: NWMP Frontier Doctor – Unparalleled, 2003. For final result, see my book AMH.
- Lampard, R., (Research ongoing), Anatomy of an 80 year old Grant: the 0.5M 1920 Rockefeller Grant to the UofA, Faculty of Medicine, 2003. See Maryanne Fedunkiw’s article in my book on AMH.
- Also see The Origin’s of the AHFMR and the UofA $500,000 Rockefeller Grant of 1920 in my book AMH.
- Lampard, R., Research, Presented, Profiled, Republished, Making New Friends, and the Life and Times of James and Lillian Davidson: The Multifaceted American, Canadian, Albertan and Calgarian who: accompanied the second Peary Expedition to find a Greenland route to the North Pole; traversed the Trans-Siberian Railway; wrote the History of Formosa; joined the Calgary Auto Better Roads Club; made the motion to start the Alberta Motor Association; completed the circumnavigation of Rotary International by starting 27 Clubs in 13 countries”. Located Mt. Davidson – lost since 1935. Organized the Mt Davidson reconnaissance’ climbed Mt. Davidson August 2, 2003. Submitted a two page JWD biography to the Northern Lights, the 2005 Rotary Zone 22 history and a four page essay to the “Peakfinder” website. Biography (15 pages) accepted by Alberta History and published in the Summer of 2004.
- Lampard, R., Gueldenpfenning, J., Adult PKU Treatment with Low Phenylalanine Diets, September 15, 2004.
- Research of Alberta’s Medical History. Articles completed or contemplated:
a) Profiles of (35) Alberta Medical Pioneers (300 pages) plus a bibliography and photos.
b) Selected NWT and Alberta Medical Milestones (17 pages); Tidbits & Teasers (3 pages).
c) Perspectives on 22 Alberta medical events (200 pages) plus bibliography and photos (with 5 contributors).
d) Alberta Medical History website at UofC (25,000 images scanned, Aug 2005).
e) Tory and Deans of Medicine at the UofA (published 2011).
- Lampard, R., Research for “A Trip to the West”, an historical handout for the 138th annual CMA meeting in Edmonton, August 2005. It marked the 100th anniversary of Alberta/Saskatchewan medical associations, the formation of the NWTMA immediately after the August 12/13 CMA meeting, the first CMA meeting west of Toronto, and the 100th anniversary of Alberta/Saskatchewan.
- Curling: See Here’s to Years (published 2007).
- Lampard, R., One Lampard’s 20th Century Mountain Journey, the first 50 years and more. 20 page introduction, 7 page index and 250+ pages of photographs (ongoing).
- Lampard, R., Research on Alberta’s Health Insurance History and the Hoadley commission (1932-1934) for the theme issue on Medicare in the CBMH, December 2009 and the publication of it by the UofT Press (2012).
- Alternative Relationship Plan for M.C.0.
- A brief overview of Canadian contributions to Rotary for the Montreal convention. Became a CD, 5,000 copies sold.
- Pulled (with Dick McDonell) 8-10 photos for a DVD/video of the 50/50 Rebels fundraising for airing on January 23, 2010 at the Rebels game, 5-7 minutes, during the second intermission.
TO DO: Cardston Health Insurance Debate of 1932. Leilani Muir’s interview with her mother. See my file of projects.
1989 Family Research Video, Taping Publication Organization
50th Anniversary of SML/JAL’s Marriage: Program 8 p, video interviews of friends of JAL and SML (90 min). Publication of “The Lampards of Red Deer” from 16 1-hour tapes (196 pages). Videos about the Lampards in Red Deer by JAL, SML, JRL (30 minutes each). Archival assembly of the Lampard Family History: 3 photo albums, 6 scrapbooks, 2 DML volumes and 1 RSL volume.
“The Winningest Team in the History of the Ontario Medical Bonspiel: R.W. Wintemute et al 1976-1992″, 25 pages. Revised and updated with photographs, 2003.
Dorothy Mary Lampard, Ed.D, 1911-1994, obituary, funeral service, eulogy, and accumulated her bibliography of 39 references.
1997 Family Funeral
James Alfred Lampard, Doctor of Optometry, Eulogy: “Celebration of a Lifetime: A Man Made for Red Deer”, JAL 1915-1997, Memorial Service photo summary (12 p).
“History of Lampards Ltd.” prepared with Toby Lampard (4 p). Revised by TL 1999.
“The Lampard Family Congratulates LTCHS on Its First 50 Years”, and “Principals and their Principles”, published in “50 Years of Excellence – The History of LTCHS, 120 p, July. Also acted as one of the co-editors.
Program, SML’s 80th Birthday Party.
1997 Family, Mural, Sympathy Card Dedication
Originated the idea and assisted in the design of the Mural of the Black Bonspiel of Willie MacCrimmon by W.O. Mitchell for the Red Deer curling Club. First end mural dedicated to JAL 1999. Last end mural dedicated to SML/RSL 1997, 2000. Each mural is 4’x54’. RSL is SML’s Father and married WOM’s parents in Weyburn, 1907. Designed WOM Sympathy card 1998. Completed and presented the two engraved dedication plaques to the Red Deer Curling Club (RDCC) 2002. (For correspondence – see separate volume.)
1997 Family Hiking/climbing Photo Manuscript
Hikes & Climbs of R. Lampard, M.D., 1954-1997 (108 pages). Revised as “One Lampard’s 20th Century Mountain Journey: The First 50 Years” with a 16 p introduction, 7 p index, 130 pages of photos, in December 2000. Annually updated.
1997 Lampard, R.
CJ97, Thunder Bay, July 1997- Photographic Summary (6 p).
Photo Summary of the Mahoney Reunion (8 p).
Red Deer School District #104 “Striving for Excellence” photo and caption published in Divisional Dispatches, RCMP Quarterly, 63(4):70, Fall 1998. (Geoffrey L., District #104 officials, RCMP).
Photo Archives of the Lampard (also Jenkins, Leslie, Jenkinson) Family 1879 to 1950 (59 pages).
Photos of Lampards Ltd, Lampard Optometrists, and Lampard Community Contributions 1940-2000 (30 pages) (ongoing).
Red Deer Rotary Club Second Presidential Citation from President Gloria Beck, June.
60th birthday Medical Care Plan on JRL by Director of Pharmacy, Denise Stefura.
“Here’s to Years!” Photo of the Wintemute Rink as Canadian Medical A.F. Anderson Trophy Winners 2001. Medical Post June 12, 2001, page 64.
On J. Douglas Lampard “Leaves from your Past” on his Retirement from Practice, November 2001, 26 pages.
2002 Family Manuscript Photo Collage
The R.W. Wintemute Curling Team 1976-2001 with chapters on the Ontario Medical Bonspiels, 2001 AF Anderson Western Canadian Medical Curling Trophy winners, Curling in Canada, RL’s Curling Life, 50 pages.
2002 Family History
Getting on Track – Twice. The History of Lampards Ltd. 1956-1976. 39 pages.
“In Search of” three consecutive generations of the Canadian Military from Alberta: L/Cpl Alfred Lampard (WWI), Capt. James Lampard (WWII), P.O. Robert Lampard (RCAF, France). Published in the Red Deer Advocate, November 11, 2002, along with 280 other photos of military members from WWI, II and Korea, Afghanistan and Peace Keeping Operations.
2002 Family Genealogy Chart
Lampard/Snelgroves from 1772 to present.
“The Hospital’s Reputation: What does it Mean?”, Annual Medical Staff/Administrator/Trustees Conference for the AHA.
Orientation of Michener Centre Staff to Hepatitis B.
Hepatitis B Surveillance Program, Michener Centre.
Morris Flewwelling as Chancellor of the UofA, 17 February 1998. (10 pages). Revised and re-nominated February 2000 (30 pages). Unfortunately not successful.
Mural of the Black Bonspiel of Willie MacCrimmon, a memorial to Jim Lampard (1st end) and to Sadie Lampard (last end). Located in the Red Deer Curling Club.
Lampard, R., “The Rotarian: Canadian Images”, page 44, April 1998 (RL’s Grow-a-Row photo).
1990 Lampard, R.
David Thompson placemat for David Thompson Tourist and Convention Association.
Red Deer School District #104 “Striving for Excellence” photo and caption published in Divisional Dispatches RCMP Quarterly 64(4):98, Fall, 1999. (Andrew Bromley, RCMP)
1999 Lampard, R.
Descriptions of six Alberta Medical Pioneers (300 words) to accompany their portraits and collages in the AMA rooms named after them.
Rotary District #5360 applications submitted for (1) Best Club Newsletter – the Flash, (2) Best Print Media – 23 February 2000, Club’s 77th Anniversary Advocate insert, April 16 Camp Alexo highlights, (3) Governor’s Award for Club best exemplifying the RI theme of Continuity, Consistency and Credibility (13 pages of photos and notes). Won (2) Best Print Media Award.
Bob Greig’s retirement tea, June 29. 2000.
To the induction of Heather Wood-Ion into LTCHS Hall of Fame, October 25, 2000.
2001 Sympathy Card
To Ms. Marilyn Mann and family on behalf of the Red Deer Rotary Club, on the death of her husband Rotarian Keith Mann. 12 pages. Tribute card to the Mann family highlighting the Keith Mann Concert, January 25, 2002 and the unveiling of the Keith Mann Display case at the Red Deer College, donated by the Lampard Family. 8 pages. Worded the Bronze plaque and suggested improvements to the Keith Mann bronze design for City Hall Park.
To Premier Klein and AMA President Steed on “State Medicine” in 1934 during salary negotiations 2000/2001 with replies.
For Chairing the Rotary District 5360 International Youth Exchange Weekend in Red Deer for 9 years, 10 March 2001. Also organized it in March 2002.
2001 Time Capsule
Prepared by Robert Lampard for the Red Deer Rotary Club (18”x18”x12”). Capsule Contains Central AB Rotary Club highlights, Millennium memorabilia collected from May 2000-May 2001, “Buried” May 6th. Sealed June 25th, to be opened circa Feb.23, 2055 on the 150th Anniversary of Alberta and Rotary International and the 132nd Anniversary of the Red Deer Rotary Club.
2001/3 Historical Consultant, Designer
Of the Central Alberta Historical Society to relocate and rebuild the Michener Fountain, design a historical colonnade, add a Michener “bronze” to the Red Deer CPR Park, and generate funds to accomplish it.
2001 Lampard, R.
Photo collages of Drs. R.G. Brett, M.P. Jackson, A.E. Archer. 24” x 36” each. Donated to the Alberta Medical Association by Dr. R. Lampard and hung in the Conference rooms named after them, June 2001. 6-12 photos each.
District #104 “Striving for Excellence” photo of Mountview Grade Five Choir and RCMP members, published in RCMP Quarterly Volume 66(4): 85, Fall 2001.
Of Dr. R. Lampard for the AMS/Hannah John B. Neilson Award for Canadian Medical Historian of the Year by the CAHS. Tabled by AMS. Awarded the William Spaulding Certificate, April 2003.
Of a cheque for $125,000 from the AMF to the UofC Faculty of Medicine. AMF/Hannah chair for the History of Medicine. Value of the Chair endowment is now over 1.2M.
2002 Retirement Presentation
Donna Stewart-Wood CEO: M.D., MCP, PDR, LSP, GSP, ESP… Highlights of her CEO years at Michener 1998-2002, 124 pages.
Mr. Morris Flewwelling for the National Therese Casgrain Volunteer Award; (not successful). Mr. Al Hagan for the Post Mazankowski Report Expert Advisory Panel. (not successful).
2002 Project Award
The first Red Deer Heritage Recognition Award to the “Save the CPR Bridge” Committee of 1991 for preserving and reconditioning the CPR Bridge. Chairman of the 1991Historical Preservation Committee that convinced City Council to consider proposals to retaining the bridge. Member of the Committee that raised funds and completed the refurbishing of the bridge as part of the R.D. Trail System.
2002 Photo Collage
Retirement card and letter to acknowledge Dr. Peter Cruse’s contributions as an AMF Board Member 1991-2002. 4 pages.
Memorial service program and photographic history of Marjorie Marshall Wood, (neighbour, Kerry Wood’s wife) who died September 21, 2002. 12 pages.
Of Premier R. Klein and Mr. Alvin Libin for establishing the Alberta Heritage Foundation for Science and Engineering Research (AHFSER or Alberta Ingenuity Fund) in 2000 and funding it with 0.5B dollars; for Honorary membership in the Association of Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGGA). Seconded by Dr. Matt Spence, CEO AHFMR and John McDougall, CEO Alberta Research Council. (Deferred while Mr. Klein remains an incumbent politician).
Mr. Norman Gish for induction into the Lindsay Thurber Comprehensive High School Wall of Fame in 2000. Accepted in 2001. Introduced and inducted in 2002. Suggested major revisions to the Awards Night Program and the Wall of Fame book.
For Stuart Houston of “The Steps to Medicare: How Saskatchewan Led the Way”.
2002 Photo Collage
Of visit to Dr. W.C. Gibson, UBC Chancellor Emeritus and medical historian, and to Butchart Gardens. 8 pages.
2002 Photo Collage, Insert
Of Dr. John A. Weddell with insert “How Toby (almost) went for peanuts”. 6 pages.
2003 Photo Collage
Dr. William Baergen, Recipient of the Historical Society of Alberta annual award in 2003 (16 pages). Photos reproduced in History Now, pages 10-11, July 2003.
Created for NWT/Alberta’s medical history as part of the Alberta digitization project at UofC (to be linked to other provincial medical history websites as part of a Canadian Medical History Website.
Red Deer’s Justice Kirby remembered, Red Deer Express, page 3, July 26/27, 2003.
2003 Photo Collage
Richard Warren, my partner on the RD Rotary Club History Committee who died November 7, 2003.
To Dr. David Dawson re: Dr. E.P. Scarlett, his book In Sickness and in Health, and Bruce. Published in the DTHR of November 27, 2003.
2003 Lampard, R.
Framed Scroll of the 1953-4 original RDCC Shareholders to the RDCC (in process).
Of the memoirs of Dr. E.A. Braithwaite (35 pages) for publication in the RCMP Quarterly in 2003 (not published).
2003 Presentation for 2005
Re-presentation of the 1937 AMA Gavel to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the AMA in 2005, to Dr. Don Malloy, and then to the AMA.
2003 Photo Collages
Dr. Eliot Phillipson, Marmie Hess, L.L.D.
2004 Photo Collages
Iris Burch, Elinor McKinnon, Peter Lacey (Polio), Mt Kili, Mt Davidson (summit), K.R. Thomson/Ed Clark (G. Award), Dr. Lorne Tyrrell (retired June 17) (see Sept list).
To the Rotary Club of Calgary for the James Wheeler Davidson mural in the Fairmont Palliser foyer.
2005 TV Medical Documentary
One-half hour documentary on 100 years of medicine in Alberta (with Jane Ballentine, Clayne Steed, Trevor Therman) aired August 15, 2005 on Global TV, Edmonton. I’m about 40-50% of the content. Host is Linda Steele.
To the CMA committee designing the 2005 CMA Convention (Edmonton) Historical handbook on the 1889 CMA Convention in Banff.
Doc Writes Davidson Book. Red Deer Express, page 38, May 17, 2006 (Michelle Cavers).
Golden Bowl Game, New Trail, pages 18-19, autumn 2007 (Shelagh Kubish).
2008 Historic Arches
Nine archways representing the front of a roundhouse, with depictions of The History of Red Deer in 27 marble etchings (3 per pillar). Started in 1995.
2008 RD Museum Display
On David Thompson – from 19 April to 29 June. Contributed 23 books and 3 maps.
Up to 97.
5-7 minutes for the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame dinner, April 13, 2010, Calgary.
5 minute video of Rotary Club projects for a Rebels hockey game, Jan 23, 2010.
11 minutes for the Rotary Convention on Rotary in Canada. Shown at Zone 24, 34 breakfast, Booth 1119 and summarized in the July Rotary insert in Canada. 5,000 copies sold. Shown to RDRC as part of a presentation on the Montreal RI convention.
Gave a Q&A presentation on the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead to the 11 rafters and 4 organizers. Pearce Landing, Mead Lake. Without a note.
RL’s PHOTO COLLAGES
|Date||Pages||Topic/Event||Location (if not RD)|
|1989 Aug 20||2||JAL/SML’s 50th Program|
|1993 Dec 4||4||Mt Kilimanjaro with Bruce||Tanzania|
|1994 Dec 3||2||DML’s funeral program|
|1996 Aug 2||2||SML’s 80th birthday|
|1997 Jan 11||6||JAL’s memorial service|
|1997 June 20||2||JAL’s memorial dedication|
|1997 July 12-18||6||CJ97 Geoffrey’s trip||Thunder Bay, ON|
|1998 mid Sept||2||W.O. Mitchell’s sympathy card|
|1998 Feb 23||2||RDRC’s 75th anniversary|
|1998 March||2||RCMP Quarterly 63(4), Fall 98, Striving for Excellence Award (G)|
|1998 June||1||Dr. R.G. Brett to Dr. W. Anderson for the Brett Room, AMA House|
|1998 Aug 1||4||Mahoney reunion||Fredericton, NB|
|1999 March||1||RCMP Quarterly 64(4), Fall 99, Striving for Excellence Award (G)|
|2000 March||1||RCMP Quarterly 65(4), Fall 2000, Striving for Excellence Award (G)|
|2000 March 17||35||Nomination of Morris Flewwelling for UofA Chancellor (2nd time)|
|2001 May 3||4||Celebrating the Past (Lougheed, etc)||Calgary, AB|
|2001 May 15||4||Keith Mann sympathy card|
|2002 Jan 25||2||Keith Mann tribute concert|
|2002 June||2||Appreciation card to Dr. Cruse (AMF)|
|2002 Sept 25||6||Marjorie Woods memorial service|
|2002 Dec 18||2||Dr. Johnny Weddell memorial service|
|2002 Oct 31||4||Dr. W.C. Gibson thanks for Buchart Gardens tour||Victoria, BC|
|2002 Dec 24||4||Thanks to Heather Wood for Christmas Eve supper||San Diego, California|
|2002 Dec 25||4||Thanks to Kathy & Nolan Beat for Christmas supper||Santa Ana, California|
|2002 Oct 30/31||4||Thanks to Leslie & Don Abramson (JWD’s grandson)||Vancouver, BC|
|2003 April 22||2||Mt Davidson Reconnaissance||Waiparous Creek|
|2003 June 18||4||Michener Admin building fire|
|2003 May 23||12||Dr. Bill Baergen’s: Ph.D. HSA award, conf, banquet|
|2003 July 18||4||Ami Watanabe’s goodbye party (RDRC RIYE student)|
|2003 Sept||2||Richard Warren memorial card (my RDRC photo team)|
|2003 Oct 3||2||Dr. Eliot Phillipson Med Alumni award (UofA Class of 63)||Edmonton, AB|
|2003 Nov 20||2||Marmie Hess, LLD convocation||Edmonton, AB|
|2003 Aug 2/3||2||Marmie Hess Mt Davidson Hon. Team Leader||Calgary, AB|
|2004 Jan 9||6||Iris Burch’s retirement luncheon|
|2004 Jan 10||4||Eleanor McKinnon memorial service||Regina, SK|
|2004 Feb||4||Peter Lacey – Polio Plus|
|2004 Feb||4||Mt Kilimanjaro – L7 Climb||Tanzania|
|2004 Aug 2/03||4||Mt Davidson – climb||Waiparous Creek|
|2004 May 4||8||K.R. Thomson – Tour||Toronto|
|2004 May 4||4||Ed Clark – Geoffrey’s TD Award||Toronto|
|2004 June 17||8||Lorne Tyrrell – Retirement||Edmonton|
|2004 Sept 18|
2004 Oct 1
|8||Dieter Lemke – MAA Award||Canmore|
|2005 July 26||4||Joyce Lampard/Bruce Campbell Masters Mixed Doubles Champs (80-89)||Edmonton|
|2005 Aug 13||2||SML’s Dinner Cruise, 89th birthday||Sylvan Lake|
|2005 Aug||4||Lorne Tyrrell and The Pekin Ducks||Edmonton|
|2005 Aug||4||David Dawson, MAA O/S Alumnus||Edmonton|
|2005 Sept 24||4||Rob Agostinis MAA President||Edmonton|
|2005 Dec 31||4||Thanks to Lou Sherman for Xmas 05||Phoenix, AZ|
|2006 Jan 1||4||Thanks to Nolan and Kathy Beat||Santa Ana, CA|
|2006 Jan 2||4||Thanks to Heather Wood-Ion||San Diego, CA|
|2006 Jan 28-29||4||Bruce and Nicolle visit Red Deer|
|2006 April 8||4||Ernie Johnson, Ross Wheaton Award||Calgary|
|2006 April 2600||8||CMHOF Induction of Dr. J.S. McEachern||Edmonton|
|2006 May 26||4||LTCHS Graduation, Allison|
|2006 July 27||4||Dedication of Dr. Parsons’ Monument (A)|
|4||Dedication of Dr. Parsons’ Monument (B)|
|2006 Aug 3||8||SML’s 90th birthday|
|2006 Sept 2-4||8||Allison off to Argentina|
|2006 Sept 2||4||Tony & Kelly McIntyre (Michener RN)|
|2006 Sept 10||4||Derek Hoskins RetirementBishop|
|2006 Sept 16||4||CMA Honorary Member||Edmonton|
|2006 Sept 28||4||Stuart Houston speaks at RDRN 100th|
|2006 Sept 30||Rotary Foundation District 5360||Calgary|
|2006 Sept 30||12||Peter Cruse and HOM (June 02, Rev.)|
|2006 Oct||8||4 Deans at UofC||Calgary|
|2006 Nov 4, 5||4||Banff Film Festival (climbers) A||Banff|
|2006 Nov||4||Banff Film Festival (friends) B||Banff|
|2006 Nov||4||RL’s Medical Awards|
|2006 Nov 2||4||Berin Ozogul at RDRC BTB|
|2006 Nov 11||4||Berin Ozogul at Nov 11th Rem. Day|
|2007 March||4||Dr. William Whitelaw, HOM (UofC) Program Chairman 1999-2007||Calgary|
|2007 March 8||4||Visit with Bob Wintemute – who died March 21||Kelowna, BC|
|2007 March 22||2+2||Program for the 50th Anniversary Bonspiel||Edmonton|
|2007 March 24||Bonspiel and Program Highlights||Edmonton|
|2007 May||4||RD Rotary Club, May 2007 meeting 62 present|
|2007 May 25-27||8||District 5360 Conf., Raju Paul, Bernie Carriere|
|2007 May 30||8||Medicare Conf., Adam Shortt unveiling||Saskatoon|
|2007 October 1||4||DG Bernie Carriere visits RDRC|
|2007 Oct 8||4||Robert Dell’s Water Sch2ool Rotary Pres.|
|2007 Oct 26-27||David Thompson Conference, Glenbow||Calgary|
|2007 Nov 13||4||Tom Keenan Ph.D., Induction into the UofC Hall of Fame||Calgary|
|2008 Jan||2||David Thompson Conference, May 2008|
|2008 April 3-5||4/6||Interprovincial at Saskatoon||Saskatoon|
|2008 April 11||4||Carol Morgan – retirement (last MDN)|
|2008 May 3||4||Paul & Sally Trepte, Ely Cathedral||Ely, England|
|2008 May 1||4||An afternoon with Paul Lampard||Pickworth, England|
|2008 May 3||4||Ian Muir and the Imperial War Museum||London, England|
|2008 May 8-10||8||Marrakech to Merzonga – a Safari||Morocco, Africa|
|2008 Dec 2||2||Christmas letter and pictures|
|2009 March 27||6||Denise Stefura’s retirement|
|2009 April 6||4||Belize GSE visit to Rotary|
|2009 April 15||4||52nd Western Canadian Medical Bonspiel||Calgary|
|2009 May 18-19||12||Bruce MIA Graduation from Columbia||New York|
|2009 June 26||4||Dr. Tom Marrie’s Retirement||Edmonton|
|2009 July 14||8||25th Anniversary|
|2009 Aug 24||8||Ron Woodward retires from RDC|
|2009 Oct||10||Club thanks to Jacqui Joys 2002-2009|
|2009 Oct 16||4||Dr. Cochrane’s CMHOF Induction announced||Calgary|
|2009 Nov 21-23||4||Bruce & Allison visit with Jude|
|2009 Dec 3-19||4||Maasdam Cruise to Caribbean||Caribbean|
|2009 Dec||2||Christmas letter and pictures|
|2010 Jan||Rotary Club of Red deer|
|2010 March 18-20||4||53rd Western Canadian Medical Bonspiel||Calgary|
|2010 March 31||4||RL retires from Michener after 27 years|
|2010 April 13||4||CMHOF Induction (Dr. Cochrane)||Calgary|
|2010 April 23||4||Opening of the Li Ka-Shing Institute||Edmonton|
|2010 June 2||4||Morris Flewwelling’s 65th birthday|
|2010 June 5||4||CAHS Board|
|2010 June 20-23||4||RI Convention||Montreal|
|2010 June 24-26||4||San Francisco||San Francisco|
|2010 July 10||4||Tower of Babel with G. & Co.||Lake Louise|
|2010 Aug 6||14||SML’s funeral|
|2010 Aug 6||4||SML’s reception and testimonials|
|2010 Aug 7||4||SML’s funeral and committal service|
|2010 Aug 12||4||Mt Hector with Tom & G.||Lake Louise|
|2010 Oct 9||4||40th anniversary Faculty of Medicine, UofC||Calgary|
|2010 Nov||4||Kevin Hermary/house renovations (Apr-Nov)|
|2010 Dec||3||Christmas letter with pictures: email, regular|
|2011 March||4||WCM Bonspiel, Saskatoon||Saskatoon|
|2011 April 28||4||CMHOF Induction Ceremony (Tyrell)||London, ON|
|2011 May 1||8||Allison’s Grad, St. Frances||Antagonish, NS|
|2011 May 12||8||Geoffrey’s Grad, UofC||Calgary|
|2011 Jun 24, 26||4||Mark & Kerry Lampard||Singapore|
|2011 Aug 10-12||4||Mahoney Reunion||Saco near Portland, Maine|
|2011 Sept 10||4||Observation Peak with G, Tom, Bill|
(by RL through the AMF)
|1. 1996 Dr. Ian Carr||X||X|
|2. 1996 Dr. Gerald Higgins||X||X|
|3. 1998 Dr. Lawrence Clein||X||X|
|4. 1999 Dr. Gerald McDougall||X|
|5. 1999 Dr. Tait McPhedran||X|
|6. 2000 Dr. Ihor Mayba||X||X|
|7. 2001 Dr. Robert Macbeth||X||X|
|8. 2002 Dr. Harry Letts||X||X|
|9. 2003 (RL nominated by CAHS)||X||X|
|10. 2004 Dr. David Hogan||X||X|
NOTE: RL sat on the AMS/Hannah Selection committee from 1996-2002.
OTHER NOMINATIONS (by RL)
|1. 1964||Kerry Wood||HSA Historian of the Year (Successful)|
|2. 1998||Morris Flewwelling||Chancellor, UofA (Unsuccessful)|
|3. 2000||Hon. Peter Lougheed, Dr. John Bradley||Cdn Med Hall of Fame (2001) (Successful)|
|4. 2000||Morris Flewwelling||Chancellor, UofA (Unsuccessful)|
|5. 2001||Hon Peter Lougheed||CMA Medal of Honor (2002) (Successful)|
|6. 2002||Dr. John Bradley||UofA Alumni Award of Excellence (2002 Successful)|
|7. 2002||Of R.L. by the Central AB Historical Society||AMS Spaulding Certificate of Merit (2003 Successful)|
|8. 2002||Premier R. Klein, Alvin Libin||Hon Membership APEEGA (Unsuccessful)|
|9. 2000||Norman Gish||LTCHS Wall of Fame (2002) (Successful)|
|10. 2002||Morris Flewwelling||Therese Casgrain Volunteer Award (Nat) (Unsuccessful)|
|11. 2002||Dr. John S. McEachern||CDN Med Hall of Fame (Successful)|
|12. 2003||William Baergen, Ph.D.||HSA Historian of the Year (Successful)|
|13. 2003||Dr. Eliot Phillipson||UofA MAA O/S Alumnus Award (2003 Successful)|
|14. 2004||Dr. Dieter Lemke (with Don Russell)||UofA MAA O/S Alumnus Award (2004 Successful)|
|15. 2005||Dr. A.E. Archer||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (2006 Unsuccessful)|
|16. 2005||Dr. David Dawson||UofA O/S MAA Alumnus Award (Successful)|
|17. 2005||Dr. Grant Gall||UofA MAA Class Award (2005 Successful)|
|18. 2005||Dr. Walter C. Mackenzie||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (In process)|
|19. 2005||Dr. Lionel E. McLeod||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|20. 2005||Dr. Donald R. Wilson||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|21. 2005||Dr. Eldon Smith||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (In process)|
|22. 2005||Dr. Stuart Houston||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (In process)|
|23. 2005||Hon Peter Lougheed, Alvin Libin||AMA Medal of Honor (Unsuccessful)|
|24. 2005||47 Nominations to the 100 Alberta Physicians of the Century Selection Committee||22 Successful|
|25. 2005||(Drs.) Kathleen Swallow, Irene Parlby and Sadie Lampard. Central Alberta Women of the Century||Successful|
|26. 2006||Dr. Albert E. Archer||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|27. 2006||Hon. George Hoadley||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|28. 2007||Dr. William A. Cochrane||CMA STARR Award (Unsuccessful) (Nov 30/07)|
|29. 2010||Dr. William A. Cochrane||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Successful in 2011/12)|
|30. 2010||Dr. D. Lorne Tyrrell||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Successful in 2010/11)|
|31. 2010||Dr. Earle P. Scarlett||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|32. 2010||A.C. Rankin||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (Unsuccessful)|
|33. 2011||Dr. P. Cruse||CDN Medical Hall of Fame (In Process)|
SUCCESSFUL GRANT APPLICATIONS
|Alberta digitization website, Our Future Out Past||AMF, UofC||Alberta Community Initiatives Program (CIP)||March 2004||$75,000|
|CPR Garden Park (Red Deer)||Central Alberta Historical Society||Alberta Community Facility Enhancement Program (CFEP)||August 2005||$125,000|
|Alberta Medical History Website||Alberta Heritage Community Foundation||CIP||In Process||$75,000|
Alberta Historical Research Foundation
|Cardiovascular Sciences in Calgary||Libin Institute||Alberta Historical Research Foundation||In Process||$19,000|
|James and Lillian Davidson|
|UofC||UofC/Rotary Club of Calgary||2009-||$15,000|
|Deans, Dreams and a President||Same||UofA Faculty of Medicine||2009-11||$7,000|
|Alberta’s Medical History||Alberta Medical Foundation||Sales of Alberta’s Medical History||2009||$32,000|
|James Wheeler Davidson Collection at UofC||University of Calgary||Davidson Research||2009||13-3” binders|
– Books – Rotarian Magazine (90 years)
– Annual Rotary Proceedings since 1933